Monday, 23 August 2010

InMotion: Lambretta Weekender Blackpool 2010


When i was a kid, "scooters" never really impressed me much. My dad has always ridden motorcyces as long as i can remember, and when i was 16 i wanted to do the same. No Peugeot Speedfight for me. I got a proper bike, with a sequential gearbox and a hand clutch. However, in between times, i learned of a "scooter" that had gears, and looked sooooo much cooler than any modern plastic rubbish.
I had seen a Vespa or Lambretta, so i was told by dad from the description i had given him. A little research into them and i soon realised that these were more than just a cheap (far from it actually) and economical mode of transport. They are a way of life. And so when i learned of a Lambretta/Vespa Festival taking place in Blackpool, i had to get down there. From what i know, there were between 4 to 5 hundred bikes attending. Here's what i found when i got there.
Enjoy.




This low to the ground, with hundreds of two strokes rasoing past was seriously LOUD. But what a noise. Definitely worth it.


Old school cool. Errr... I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment